Friday, October 24, 2008

One Awesome Tag

Hey everyone! (Do you like how I say 'hey everyone' as if SO many people read my blog and are just itching to hear what I'm going to ramble about next?! ha ha)

My mom made up this tag and I'm finally getting around to posting it! I'm excited to put something of depth on my blog for once! Ü

Favorite scripture: Well, ONE of my favorites (for there are many) is 2 Nephi 2: 6 "Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth."

Favorite hymn: Again, there are just SO many. To name a few, Be Still my Soul, Where can I turn for Peace?, Abide with Me, Lord, I would Follow Thee, and God be with you til we meet Again

Favorite scripture stories: the Good Samaritan, Stripling warriors, and Jesus' visit to America.

Young Women/Men Leaders: Lots of good ones! Terri Clark, Tami Day, Kathy Nelson, Julie Robbins, Lorna Cavalieri, Brenda Brand (not Brand anymore, but I don't know her last name), Brenda Toia, Connie Stolworthy, Jessica Gunderson, Shannon Guthmiller, MY MOM! Ü ( I included some of my YW teachers and camp leaders too... I dunno if they were supposed to be included, but they were a big influence on my life so I wanted to give a shout out, even though none of them will see this! Ü I'm sure I'm forgetting people too, but these were just some that made a great impact on me.)

Favorite calling: The only real callings I've had as an adult are Visiting Teaching District Leader and to be on the Linger Longer Committee of my Singles ward. (For those of you who don't know, Linger Longer is a lil activity where us Singles Ward folk sit around and socialize while we eat together after church once a month) So since the District Leader calling didn't require me to heat up a hundred hot dogs in the microwave during the third hour of church, I would say it was my favorite Ü ha ha, No really though, I liked it because it gave me a reason to call a handful of ladies in my ward once a month and because I could really see the divine inspiration of Visiting Teaching through that calling.


Least favorite calling: (See Above) ha ha. Seriously... ONE HUNDRED HOT DOGS. Alright, I'm sorry, Linger Longer committee really wasn't THAT bad, but I suppose of the two, it was my least favorite Ü

Jesus was happy today because you: Well, it's still early, but I've been in the scriptures a bit, prayed, I've written to a missionary, and am planning on writing to another missionary. Hopefully that makes him happy, but like I said, it's still early Ü

Who made you laugh today?: I can't say that I've laughed out loud yet this morning, but I'm sure one of Ben and Taryn's kids will say something to crack me up a little later. It's a daily occurrence. (Okay, since writing the above, I added a picture of a pile of hot dogs to this post and that made me laugh! In fact, it made me laugh really hard. ha ha. Ok, I'm willing to admit that I'm a big dork Ü)

Who's happier because of you today?: Mom! She's happy that I'm filling out her tag! Ü

Describe a sweet experience you've had recently: Well, about a week ago a bunch of us girls from high school (From L to R, Anna, Jana, me, Jillian, Holly, and Demitris) were all together to say goodbye to Jillian, who went into the MTC this week. It was horrible saying goodbye, but sweet at the same time that all of us were together for her. Ü Also, yesterday I made sugar cookies for the kids and I to decorate for Halloween and Shelby gave me a HUGE hug! It was so cute!

What makes you mad?: Nothing today! I started thinking about what makes me mad and nothing came up in the first few seconds, so I thought a little harder and then I decided I better stop because if I had to think that hard about it, it must not matter enough to get mad about in the first place!

What makes you sad?: Being away from family. :( I'll always be too far from someone, no matter where I go. Another thing that makes me sad is lost or dwindled relationships. I wish we could stay at the highest attained level of friendship with all people we've been friends with in the past, no matter how much time passes or how different our lives are now, but it doesn't seem to work that way unfortunately.

What do you want to accomplish?: Well, graduating from college of course (have I mentioned it'll happen in MAY?! Okay, I know I have mentioned it PLENTY of times, but I have to keep saying it to myself so I can trudge along and finish. Ü), becoming a responsible adult, making the gospel #1 in my life, and having a family of my own.

What makes you want to get up and do something?: Dance movies... They make me want to get up and dance! Then I remember that I can't. Ü

What's your favorite kind of exercise?: I can't say that I have a favorite, because that would denote that I like exercising to some degree, which would be false. Ü Okay, Line dancing in the front room has been a fun one! And I do like to play soccer as well.

How do you pull yourself out of a bad mood?: I'm not very good at this one. I usually just fall asleep and the next day is better. But some things that have worked in the past are reading, playing games or watching a movie with the family, or my neices and nephews sometimes have a way of improving a bad mood too.

What talent are you most grateful for?: easy learning and singing. I don't know how I'd make it through college without some of the gifts I've been given mentally, and I don't know how I'd make it through life without music.

This post was fun! I find myself wishing it weren't over yet! You all should do it! Tag, You're it!

4 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

Really good Rachie! The hotdogs are a littel gross but overall a really meaningful post! Love ya Girl!

Connie and Rob said...

Thanks, Rachel!! I loved reading this. I was sad when it ended, too!! Love ya!!

Candice said...

That hot dog picture IS funny! I wish I could share your love of dance movies. Dancing With the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance I love as you well know, but I haven't seen a really good dance movie in a long time. No, not even High School Musical. Ü

Jana Brown said...

Oh with the hot dogs... It took me FOREVER to want to eat one!! Great Post!