Monday, October 13, 2008

Karaoke Night!

Okay, so I've been really bad at blogging lately! Not even a TAG post in almost a month!

Part of the reason for this is that school has been cah-razy lately! I used to think that I would love school like I did my freshman and sophomore years straight up until graduation but unfortunately that is not the case! It's intense (while also being boring?) this semester and next semester is going to be even worse! But then I'll have a Bachelor's degree, whether or not it will get me a better job. Ü

The second reason for this delay is that I spent two weeks in Utah. So even though this was two weeks ago, I wanted to post some pictures of karaoke night while I was there! Jana, Laura and I went out to Pleasant Grove to karaoke and I met a few of my other friends there too. It was so fun! I think it's no secret that I enjoy karaokeing so it's no surprise that I had a blast. We even went again the following week, bringing mom, dad, and Steve with us. SO fun!


This past weekend was a ton of fun too, as Jana, Holly, Laura and Dalton came to visit in Vegas. It was a busy weekend! When they got here Friday night, we went to dinner with friends and just hung out the rest of the night. On Saturday, we hung out with friends again during the day (I of course had to multi-task this with writing a paper Ü) and then had a Murder Mystery party that night. It was fun to dress up for. Yesterday, Jillian (who is leaving on her mission on the 22nd) spoke in her ward and then we went to a luncheon for her and were, of course, the last ones to leave. Jana won't see her again until she comes back because she left to head back to Utah this morning. It was an emotional goodbye when we did finally pull ourselves away. All around, it was a fun, emotional weekend! I'll have to post pictures when Jana emails them to me.

If I haven't said it lately, I LOVE my friends and family! I know everyone says this, but my friends and family are the BEST. Recently, I've just had so many experiences that have confirmed this to me and it makes me feel SO blessed! I love you all!

4 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

This weekend was pretty crazy but lots of fun too. It was so nice to just hang out and sit around and laugh and talk. I can't wait til Thanksgiving when we can all be together. Oh and cute pictures!

The Brownlemmons said...

I can't wait for Thanksgiving either. It will be so much fun to have the whole crew up here again. It was sooo much fun to have you up here for a bit. It was such a blast going Karaokeing (sp?) and playing Viva Pinata. Why is it that wherever you and Jana are, there is a party. I love it!! Hope you have "fun" (aka stay awake) with your school work. Just think 9 months from now and it will all be over.

Love ya!!

Adam and Kilee said...

Rachel! your blog is so cute! I miss you! Hey we aren't reg to vote. (shh) we wont be voten either! haha. I mean we wanted to but the day after it ended we actually got out and tried to reg. next year though! We've watched debates for like 5 mins.I hope everything is going good! your amazing!

hollyplant said...

Rachel great blog! I'm based in the UK but can relate to how you feel, i've started university and thought it would be like A level's. I really miss my old friends and have moved into halls.

I'm missing my mom and dad and family too!

I did had a great fresher's week and have joined some clubs so i can get to know people better, the best one is the Karaoke club. We arranged a whole evening in the student union and I got a custom karaoke CD with all my favourite songs on, i do a great "how do I live" by leann rimmes and when I get more drunk move onto whitney houston, I'm never sure how those sound though because by then I'm pretty drunk.

I've often thought about doing the X factor! So what did you sing at your Karaoke night?