Thursday, May 8, 2008

I've never been very good at tag...

So I got tagged and didn't want to punk out so here it is, but let me just say: This is probably a lot cooler for people who have kids and/or weren't asked to recall what they were doing when they were 11 years old Ü ha ha ha.

What is the best thing you cooked last week?

Actually, I haven't cooked much since I've been here at Steve's Ü I'm gonna go ahead and say that the mashed potatoes that "I" made last week were the best though... I'm allowed to claim that I made them because I chopped them up after someone else peeled them and before someone else cooked, mashed, and seasoned them. Ü Those mashed potates were delicious. Ü


If time, money, and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who?

WELL, since time, money, and babysitting are no object, I'd take my whole family on a huge trip... First, visiting the church history sights, then catching a flight to Europe, hit Australia for a couple weeks, hit Hawaii, and then camp somewhere cool to finish out the trip. We'd probably take the kids so that they can see kangaroos and such, but we'd bring along several babysitters so that Jana and I can see the sights too! ha ha ha. Yeah.... it would take us a couple months but it would be a blast. Ü Dream big, right?


When was the last time you cried?

Stepmom... Last week... Gets me every time.


List 5 things you were doing 10 years ago. (1998)

Well... Age 11 was a big time for me. I'm pretty sure I was excited to be leaving Elementary School and embarking on my Brown Jr. High memories... We probably had a Nintendo 64 by then... I sure liked that. I was probably "going out" with a fellow 11-year-old...which didn't mean much. Ummm... I need 2 more noteworthy things from 1998... I started babysitting a little and I wrote poems. PHEW... I wasn't sure I'd get through the dullness of that question. Hope some of you are still with me Ü


List 5 things you were doing 5 years ago. (2003)

Now we're talking... The coolest thing that happened around May of 2003 was the Choir Trip we took to Disneyland. It was Jana's senior year, my sophomore, and we won like all of the awards they offer for choir so we felt pretty awesome... it probably didn't hurt that we were in the Happiest Place on Earth Ü Earlier on in the year Jana and I went to All-State Choir in Carson City which remains as one of my favorite memories ever. I've always loved to read, so some of the summers in high school I would read a ton of novels. I was probably, as ever, enjoying my lil' neices and nephews (there were only 9 of them then!) as well. Basically, I was just enjoying being 16: Driving, Dating, and Ditching School a lot Ü

List 5 things you were doing 1 year ago (2007)

Jana and I both quit our jobs and spent a month in Utah. It was SO fun! We shopped and went to movies and hung out with our awesome family in Utah. It was fun. I would have also just been finishing my Sophomore year of college and deciding not to go to summer school (for my first and only summer with no classes in college!) It was a good time.



List 7 of your favorite hobbies.

Karaoke
Board Games
Reading
Hanging out with family and friends
Watching The Office
Scrapbooking
Writing


Name 5 of your favorite foods.

Fettuccini Alfredo, Delicious veggies cooked perfectly, Tacos, Sandwiches, and Fruit (particularly watermelon, oranges, strawberries, and rasperries Ü)


Name 5 places you have been.

If it weren't for school trips, I would only be able to say Nevada and Utah, but thanks to choir trips, I've also been to various locations in California and also Orlando, FL.


List 5 of your favorite Memories:

Oh man... This one is really difficult because I have SO MANY favorites. I think all I can do is say my 5 favorite categories of memories...

I loved high school... LOTS of fun trips, dates, and weekends with friends. If I'd have known I would be making some of my favorite memories, I might have taken advantage of it a little more Ü

The Cabin is my favorite place and I've loved spending atleast once a year there since childhood. I loved going there and getting dirty when I was younger. Some favorite times: when everyone was sick with the flu ( I know everyone else thought this year was a nightmare, but I thought it was really funny and what else would have brought us together and bonded us like a massive outbreak of various symptoms of the flu?!) Another memorable one was the year Randall came (his first trip with the family) and got a tree limb to the face... poor guy. With the card games, hikes, and fresh air, this group of memories won't soon be forgotten.

Another group of memories which I love are the late-night talks with my family and friends. I've laughed harder and been more honest in these talks than in any other time of my life

Tons of Road Trips with my family and friends come to mind!

All of the Holidays with the Family are some of the best times I've ever had. Our Christmases have been sweet and fun. Memorial Days that we've visited our angel sister Tami's grave as well as our beloved grandmother's bring us together and make us excited to see them again. The Day-After-Thanksgiving early-morning sales adventures have been awesome... We are basically pros at this point Ü Valentines Day cookie decorating turned "chubby bunny" contest--- hysterical and caught on tape Ü Really, everytime we're together on the Holidays (or any other time for that matter) we create more of my favorite memories.

I'm adding a sixth one to say that one of my favorite memories was when we were sealed as a family when I was 9. I get to be with all my awesome family forever! Ü


So at this point in this game of tag, I think I'll just hypothetically sit in the grass and not tag anyone because everyone has already been tagged by Candice Ü If anyone wants to be "it", feel free to do so. Ü

3 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

That was the best game of tag ever. You crack me up and are a really good writer. When are you coming home again? Ü

Rachel said...

ha ha. I still don't know when I'm coming home! I know... I'm indecisive Ü

Candice said...

You responded to your tag in such a cute and funny manner! I could tell you that to your face since you're sitting 5 feet away from me right now, but I'll just post it so the whole world knows that I think you're awesome!