Saturday, May 3, 2008

Penelope

To keep everyone posted on my adventures in Utah: Jana and I just had such a fun night! We went to dinner and then to 2 dollar movies! You have to LOVE cheap movies! It was $7 total for both of us to see 2 movies and it was only that expensive because its Saturday night. That's a big bonus that Utah has: Dollar movie theaters.

Anyways... We watched Vantage Point and Penelope. Vantage point was alright, but the way that they chose to show each character's vantage point annoyed me more so than intriguing me. It really was pretty good, but not as good as it could have been if some stylistic features weren't in it.

But Penelope way outdid my expectations! It was SO good! I expected it to be some kind of "Love yourself the way you are" film (which it was) but I didn't expect such cute side stories. And the love story in it is so dang adorable!



Anyways, It was super cute and I suggest that you Utah folk hit the Dollars to see it ASAP and hopefully it will come out to DVD soon for everyone else!



Anyways, as you can see I'm continuing to enjoy my indefinite stay in Utah and as soon as I finish this semester (one more week!) the fun will just multiply!

3 comments:

Candice said...

Okay, so I tried to use your chat box, and first it cut me off (apparently I'm a little long-winded), then it gave me the refresh page when I tried to post it. Therefore, I'm now doing the old-school comment box. I was just saying that I'm glad you're having a good time. I thought you were going to be bored out of your mind with all us old people here in Utah , but fortunately for you, Jana's here! Just imagine how bored she's going to be when you leave! I also want to thank you for the movie critiques. I'm going to have to rent Penelope from Redbox once it comes out because I'm pretty darn sure Randall won't take me to it. Although, it is his Birthday on Tuesday. Maybe I could blindfold him, and take him there as a surprise! He would LOVE that!

Rachel said...

Ha ha ha Yeah... I bet he would love that! Yeah, I wasn't sure how that comment box would work, but it looks like you were able to post something. Yeah, I'm really enjoying Utah. I may even stay past mother's day! Then I'd have more time to spend with you "old people" lol.

Ben and Taryn said...

I have only seen one preview for Penelope but I thought it looked super cute. I have had it on my netflix list for a few weeks already even. It doesn't give a release date just "Coming Soon" but I am so excited to see it. And even though we miss you dearly down here, it is good to hear that you are having a good time up there. We are hoping to maybe go up for Memorial weeknend and it would be added fun if you were still there too Ü Give everyone hugs and we'll see ya soon!