Friday, June 13, 2008

Twilight

Hi. My name is Rachel. I've been addicted for a little over six months now. My addiction is... (conflicted hesitation) ...the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. I'm an official Twilighter. If anyone else wants to get their Twilight addiction out now, this is a safe space :)

Around New Years this year, my dad peeked into Jana's room and found both Jana and I engulfed in black hardcover novels. Several days later we could be found in the same place until we'd both completed Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. These novels are amazing! If you haven't read them by now, with all the hype that you've undoubtedly already heard, seriously... Read them!





I've been re-reading these books this week, which I never do (because once I know a story it is sort of difficult for me to re-read it) but it's pulled me back into my hardcore addiction. I'm trying to be patient while waiting for Breaking Dawn to be released on August 2nd but it is very difficult. :) I am also very excited about the December 12th release of the film Twilight.
Here is a link to the preview of Twilight the movie!

In honor of this blog and the connected addiction, I've posted a poll on my blog regarding who Bella Swan should end up with in the final book... The warm-hearted Jacob Black or the classic romantic Edward Cullen. I'm not going to lie... to me it seems SO clear! EDWARD! I've heard some other points of view recently though and am curious to see what everyone thinks! Okay, I think I'm done rambling about my addiction... I just wanted to get that out there!



May I also suggest The Host by Stephenie Meyer? It was really good as well. :)

Here is a link to Stephenie Meyer's website

Thanks for listening to my ramblings! :)




PS. I heart Edward.

Okay, I'm really done now :)

15 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

YAY for Twilight!! I Heart Edward too!! You are so funny and I am thinking about re-reading the books this July before the fouth too. It's been like a year since I read them the first time and I want to refresh. I was a Jacob lover but realized that Edward is her lobster Ü and they are destined. Jacob didn't get that werewolf instinct that him and Bella were mates when he first met her, so I don't think it could work for them. I'm just anxious to see if Edward will actually turn her like he promised or if something is going to come back about those vamps in Europe. Oh geez I am so much more anxious for the Breaking Dawn now! Sorry for such a long comment, I miss you and wish you were here so we could have a real discussion, not a texted or typed one! Love ya girl!

Rachel said...

ha ha ha. Oh, Taryn... You just make me so happy. First, siding with me on the Edward thing... then throwing in a Friends quote...you just know the way to my heart :) I'm coming home next week so we can discuss Twilight and The Host and eventually Breaking Dawn! It'll be awesome! :) Love ya!

Ben and Taryn said...

Really next week?! That is awesome! Oh I'm so excited. What is the date of the day you'll be back? We are going to have to start our movie nights again too. Love ya girl!

Candice said...

I'm having difficulty choosing between Edward and Jacob. I want her to have babies! Is that so wrong? My vote is for Edward after the Volturi turn him into a human. And you suck for ditching us before the cabin trip!

Rachel said...

ha ha ha I'm glad you've come to the right side Candice even if it requires some tinkering by the Volturi. I'm excited to see how it all plays out :)

Candice said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention in my post yesterday...we were on a break! Am I cool now?

Rachel said...

Okay Candice... Edward agreement AND a Friends quote... you've officially been granted coolness :)

Ben and Taryn said...

But I was cool first, right Rachel! Cause could I BE any cooler! I'm super excited to see you and on Saturday we are having a birthday party for the boys and a welcome back Rachel party for you! We will pretty much hang out the whole day too I think. Ok well can't wait...love ya!

Rachel said...

yay! sounds fun! They're having a party here after I leave too, so I hear lol

Candice said...

You win okay TARYN! Rachel's moving back to you! Now stop it with the Friend quotes that even make sense with your comment and everything! Sheesh! You're such a smelly cat!

Candice said...

...but it's not your fault!

Candice said...

I just want Rachel to have the most comments ever! She's already beat my record. Unfortunately, she's going to look and see that she has tons of new comments...get really excited...then see that they're all just lame comments from me. Ha Ha!

Rachel said...

HA HA HA. OKAY, Candice... your Friends quoting WINS! I had no idea that the Smelly Cat reference could be thrown into everyday conversation as eloquently and seemlessly as you've done it, but now I'm a believer. I'm glad I beat the record for comments, but I DID comment a bunch myself, so I dunno if it really counts Ü

Jana Brown said...

Ok... One more for the "record!" :) I heart Edward too! And If August 2nd doesn't come a little faster... I'm gonna GO CRAZY!!! Anyway... I think that I am the only one who should be allowed to feel shafted by Rachels return to Nevada because she's pretty much my significant other! :) All I have to say... Is Taryn... You have some HUGE shoes to fill... Bring it ON! Ha ha ha...

Ben and Taryn said...

Oh the pressure!! And apparently I haven't been cool enough cause you are leaving again! Hanging out will be so much better once we are living together. Anyways have fun back up in Utah!